Class is held in my Cleveland, OH studio and runs 5 days. We will begin class at 10am each day, and work until we reach a good stopping point. This is usually about 5 o'clock Monday through Thursday, and then we try to finish between 2 and 3 o'clock on Friday.
This course will teach you to:
- - Remove the soles on your Jordan 1s
- -Make and Cut Patterns (a skill applicable to all styles of footwear)
- -Construct Uppers (Skiving, Sewing, Order of Operations)
- -Last Uppers (giving the shoe its shape, heel counter and toe puff)
- -Attach the soles
What you need to bring:
- Jordan 1 in your size - can be mids, lows or highs, and we can turn them into whatever cut you want. I recommend getting the cheapest pair available, or even bringing in an old lightly worn pair you already own.
- The proper attitude - you should expect your shoes to look a bit rough, especially if you're coming with zero experience. A lot of these skills will be brand new to you , and they all take time to master. It is a humbling craft. The idea of this class is to learn the process from beginning to end, so that you go home knowing exactly what to practice.
Basic leather and all components will be provided, along with a list of where to source anything you'll need in the future. Please get in touch if you have any questions!